League of Legends is one of the highly played multiplayer games on the planet. It has more than 100 million players playing the game in a month. All thanks to its amazing graphics and immersive play, which attracts users.
However, there are many reasons why some gamers may want to uninstall League of Legends. In this article, we will be looking at some of the causes and step-by-step procedures for uninstalling the app on Windows and Mac.
See Also: Who Made League Of Legends?
- Reasons You Might Want To Uninstall The Game
- How To Uninstall League Of Legends From Windows
- How To Uninstall League Of Legends From Mac?
Reasons You Might Want To Uninstall The Game
1. The Hidden Virus That Comes With The Download File Upon Installing From Untrusted Sources
This is one of the most common reasons why the users have uninstalled the game. The hidden malware and viruses infect the file and come with it. This may cause malfunctioning in your PC and all other stuff a virus is capable of doing.
Remember that you should only download the game from the official website to minimize the risk level.
2. To Free Up Space
Sometimes games like League of Legends may occupy space on your computer, and if you need it for some essential things, it’s always a safe or better option to uninstall the game for a while until you have some sufficient space left.
3. Fixing Bugs Or Errors
Sometimes, gamers face bugs and errors while in the game or as soon as the game starts. The bugs usually come if the users install the game from an untrusted source online.
The most common and simple solution for this thing is to uninstall and reinstall the game. Keep in mind to use the official website for downloading the game file.
4. Wearing Out
Sometimes, the players lose a number of matches in a row and get frustrated by the lack of coordination, blaming for loss, and similar stuff.
At this point, one must feel like taking a break from the game for a while, and if you are one of them and want to uninstall the game, then we have discussed the step by step process below.
How To Uninstall League Of Legends From Windows
Using The “Add or Remove Programs”
- To do this, open the start menu by clicking on the icon in the bottom left of your Windows PC.
- Now, type “add or remove programs” and click on the shortcut displayed on your screen. (This is a windows 10 tool if you have an older version of Windows, we have discussed some more steps below)
- Search for “League of Legends” in the search bar of your PC.
- Once the game pops up on your screen and its icon, click on it once and select “uninstall.”
- Windows will once again confirm if you wish to uninstall the game by showing a popup. Continue by selecting the “uninstall” button.
Uninstalling League Of Legends With Its Uninstaller
Most of the computer programs have an executable file like uninst000.exe or uninstall.exe. This file is also available in the installation folder of League of Legends.
- Go to the folder of League of Legends where it is installed, also known as the installation folder.
- Search for uninst000.exe or uninstall.exe.
- Double click on the installer and follow the wizard to uninstall the game.
Using Uninstall Command In The Registry
- Click Windows and R keys together to open the Run command and type “regedit” in the box, and click OK.
- Locate the registry key “HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\\CURRENTVERSION\UNINSTALL.”
- Double-click on UninstallString value, and copy its Value Data from the box.
- Press and hold the Windows and R key together to open the RUN command. Then you can paste the Value data, which we copied earlier in the box, then click the OK button.
- Follow the wizard to delete the game permanently.
How To Uninstall League Of Legends From Mac?
It is a somewhat similar process as it was for windows PC. Follow the steps below to do so:
- Open applications
- Search for League of legends
- Click on it and drag it to the trash
- Now, Empty the Trash
- And Exit the window
After this, move forward to remove League of legend files and folders from your device. Follow the below steps:
- Go to the applications again
- Search League of a Legends in the search box and hit enter
- Drag all the folders and files one by one into the trash
- Then empty trash itself
Now, if you want to play it again, you can reinstall the game from the official website once again on your Window or Mac PC.
Uninstalling a file program is a simple process one way or the other. You will eventually find out the right method that is easy for you to uninstall it.
But for a file of this size, you can export it into a pen drive or hard drive before removing it from your PC to save the hassle of installing it again. We hope this article helped you. If the article is helpful for you in any manner, then do share it on social media.