In this Minecraft tutorial, we will see how to make black dye in the minecraft step-by-step and how you can apply it to different objects. Black Dye in Minecraft is an item that is mainly used to dye certain objects with black color. There are various types of dye colors in the game, but we will focus on this article on black dye.
The black dye is a fairly new item that has been added to the game. Instead of using ink sacs now, you can use the black dye, which is a much better option. A Black dye can be obtained by trading. The wandering traders possess a chance to trade 3 black dyes for 1 emerald.
Black Dye Is Available In Some Specific Versions Of Minecraft, As Listed Below.
|Java Edition||Yes – Version 1.14|
|Bedrock Edition (PE, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, PS5, Windows 10)||Yes – Version 1.80, 1.83|
|Education Edition||Yes – 1.9.0|
Uses Of Black Dye
- Used to dye the sheep’s wool, which can then be sheared up to 1-3 blocks of black wool.
- Used to dye the collar of the tamed wolves.
- Used to make a firework star after combining it with gunpowder.
- Used to dye leather armor, wool, glass, beds, carpets, terracotta, and shulker boxes.
- Used to add patterns in banners.
- Used to dye water contained in the cauldrons in BE (Bedrock edition) and Education Edition.
- Combined with gravel and sand to make concrete powder.
- Combined with various compounds to create balloons or glow sticks. (In bedrock and education edition)
Required Materials For Crafting The Black Dye
- 1 Inc Sac
- 1 Wither Rose
After using any of these two materials in the crafting, the result is nothing else but black dye.
How To Make Black Dye In Minecraft?
1. Collect The Required Materials
Once you have collected the required material for making the black dye – 1 Inc Sac OR 1 Wither Rose, open your crafting table/menu, which looks like this:
2. Adding The Raw Materials To The Crafting Table
In the crafting table, you should see a grid of 3×3 squares. Now, given that you have the requirements with you, you will need to somehow place them in the grid.
Place the Ink Sac or Wither Rose, whatever you have, in the very first square of the crafting table starting from the right. In our case, we are using Wither Rose, as you can see in the image below.
3. Moving The Item To The Inventory
After you placed the item in the grid, you will see the black dye on the other side (right-side) of the crafting menu/table. From there, you can easily move it to your inventory.
Voila, you now have the black dye, which you can use in the game as you desire. You can use it for the aesthetic purposes of the game as well as create something good.
We hope this article about how to make black dye in Minecraft is helpful to you. If this article is helpful for you in any manner, then do share it on social media.
Please stay connected with us for future updates.