Are you thinking of making Minecraft Chain but don’t know how to do it? Don’t worry. In this article, I have shared the exact way I followed to craft a chain in Minecraft. Follow the below instructions carefully, and you will be done with it.
Minecraft chains are highly adaptable blocks. These Minecraft chains can widely be used in many different ways, from bridge suspension to underwater mines, and they can easily be crafted with iron. These chains can also be placed horizontally or vertically in any way you want.
Minecraft chains can be naturally found in ruined portals that generate in the Nether and sometimes in the Bastion Remnants; remember that they always generate above magma cube spawners found in Bastions. They can hang bells or different types of lanterns, and they don’t require a supporting block to be placed on the top or bottom.
See also: Observer in Minecraft
|Playstation Edition||PlayStation 3 & 4||Yes, as of 1.16|
|Java Edition||Windows, Mac & Linux PC’s||Yes, as of 1.16|
|Bedrock Edition||Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Win 10 PC’s||Yes, as of 1.16|
|Education Edition||Mac, iOS 12 & onwards, Win 10 PC’s||No|
Items Needed To Make Chains in Minecraft
- 1 Iron ingot
- 2 Iron nuggets
Minecraft chains are made of two iron nuggets and one ingot, and their blast resistance is the same as that of the block iron, and they cannot be crafted into chainmail armor. The chain breaks if a sticky potion pulls a chain that is more than one block long.
The primary ingredients to make Iron Ingot is Iron Ore and coal. Gather iron ore and open the furnace menu. Then add coal as fuel and add Iron Ore to craft Iron Ingot. One iron will craft only on the iron ingot.
To craft an Iron Nugget, you will need an Iron Ingot. Open the crafting table with a 3×3 crafting grid and place an Iron Ingot in the center square of the crafting table.
After crafting the iron nuggets, add them to the inventory. For one iron ingot, you will get nine-iron nuggets. You also get iron nuggets by smelting any iron item in the furnace-like a weapon or piece of armor.
How to Craft Minecraft Chains
Chains are multipurpose blocks that were added to Minecraft update 1.16. These chains can be used to build almost anything. Iron Ingot and two Iron Nuggets are required to make a Minecraft chain.
Now since we have all the required items for crafting Minecraft Chains, the next thing we need to do is open a crafting table of a 3×3 crafting grid. When crafting a Minecraft chain, placing the iron ingot and two iron nuggets in a specific pattern is important.
It would be best to place an iron nugget in the middle of the first row. Then an iron nugget in the middle of the third row and an iron ingot in the middle of the second row.
After assembling all the items correctly, the chain will appear beside the 3×3 crafting grid. Then add the crafted chain to your inventory. This is the crafting recipe for Minecraft chains.
See Also: Make a Lactern in Minecraft
Uses for Minecraft Chains
These Minecraft chains can be decorative blocks to hang bells under a solid block. They can also be used to hang Soul Lanterns and Lanterns. Minecraft players can also suspend these chains in mid-air. You can also rotate the chains and connect other pieces of the chain to make it longer. These Minecraft chains can also hold items up as an attaching block.
- Decorations: Using Minecraft Chains, players can decorate their building and base. Their many chains of hacks you can explore on your own, like telephone poles, water wells, street poles, and many more, are all about creativity.
- Hanging Items: These Minecraft Chains are used to hang lanterns, soul lanterns, and bells. Players can also use Minecraft Chains to make beautiful chandeliers and create lighting for medieval builds for castles.
- Hanging Mobs: Players can use Minecraft Chains to create scary illusions by using an easter egg dinner bone and barrier blocks; you can hang mobs to chains. This helps you in making scary and haunted dungeons or mansions in Minecraft.
- Parkour Maps: This trick is not known to most Minecraft players that you can also walk on the chains. Minecraft Chains cover a thin area that is walkable, and it requires a certain amount of precision to do that. Players who build maps can also use these chains to make maps with high-level difficulty.
- Making Bridges: Minecraft chains are the perfect elements to build bridges in Minecraft, and they can be used to produce cables for the bridge.
Minecraft Chain Command
You can also make use of the in-game commands to make chain in Minecraft. The commands with enable the users to craft the chain in the game are available in the editions listed below:
Java Edition 1.16 and higher:
/give @p a chain 1
Windows 10 1.16 and higher, PE (Pocket Edition), Xbox One, Switch (Nintendo):
/give @p chain 1 0
See also: How to make terracotta in Minecraft
Explainer Video About Making a Chain in Minecraft
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How to make chainmail in Minecraft?
Chainmail armor cannot be crafted in Minecraft, and you must trade it to get the armor from blacksmith villagers.
2. What is the recipe for crafting chain armor in Minecraft?
There is no recipe to craft chain armor in Minecraft. If you need chain armor, you will trade emeralds to get the armor from the blacksmith villagers.
3. Can you craft chains in Minecraft?
Yes, you can craft chains in Minecraft, but only on specific platforms. You must play Minecraft on Java Edition, PS4, Xbox One, or Nintendo Switch.
Now you know how to make Minecraft chains, revealing all the secrets of chain recipes. Ensure that you use the chains in every possible and creative way. Minecraft chains can help you in the long run. Once you gain experience, you can build bridges and walk on the chains.
You can use chains in different techniques and apply them to any build, and they are a great way to give the build that extra spice and style. Try to explore the new elements in Minecraft since Minecraft is growing and evolving. I hope this article about how to make a chain in Minecraft is helpful to you.